|Providing a shopping experience in a store-like setting has always been one of the most important parts of our mission, but in light of the COVID-19 crisis, we have created Clothes To Kids Curbside. This will minimize person-to-person contact while still connecting kids in need with clothing. |
Parents and caregivers now have the opportunity to request a wardrobe for any student age 3 – 21 in need. Clothing will be thoughtfully selected and packaged for curbside pick-up. A Clothes To Kids wardrobe includes 5 outfits, 1 coat, 1 pair of shoes, 1 bra (optional) and 5 pairs each of new underwear and new socks.
Request a Wardrobe Today!
Call us at (720) 379-4630 and dial “0.” Phones are open Monday – Friday from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. If we don’t answer, please leave a voicemail, and we will call you back as soon as possible. You can also request a wardrobe by emailing us at email@example.com.
Please be prepared to share the following information about each eligible student:
* First name, last name and date of birth.
* Sizes for clothing, shoes, socks and underwear.
* Color, style and clothing type preferences.
* Specific needs and special requests.
By determining the specific needs and tastes of the students using our Curbside program, we hope that they can be just as selective as they would be if they were shopping in person!
**Temporary – No Referral Needed!
In order to make our services more readily available to those in crisis, we have loosened our referral requirements and will provide wardrobes to anyone who says the young people in their households are in need of our services, no questions asked.
Dear Clothes To Kids of Denver Supporter,
Like many of you, we at Clothes To Kids are concerned about the growing number of cases of Coronavirus/COVID-19 in the state of Colorado. In order to help slow the spread of the virus in our community and limit the risk of the virus affecting our shoppers, volunteers and staff, we have decided to temporarily suspend operations starting on March 14, 2020.
While we are closed, we will be unable to accept clothing and shoe donations. We appreciate your understanding during this uncertain time. We will keep you informed about our reopening date. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. We appreciate your continued support.
Valerie Lunka, Executive Director
With 100+ shoppers scheduled each day, we are in desperate need of jackets and coats, especially for our young men in middle and high school. Please take a look in your closets for coats, hoodies, 1/2 zips and jackets sizes size 4T – adult 5XL that would appeal to a child or young adult! Store hours are available at: https://clothestokidsdenver.org/hours-of-operation/. Thank you!
Learn about the latest happenings at Clothes To Kids of Denver in the August 2019 issue of The Clothes Line!
Tickets On Sale Now!
All proceeds benefit Clothes To Kids of Denver, which provides new and quality used clothing to students from low-income or in-crisis families in the Denver Metro Area, completely free of charge.
View the full Invitation Here!
Follow this link to Buy Your Tickets today. See you on September 21st!
We are pleased to share this 2018 Annual Report highlighting our achievements and the continued dedication of our incredible community of supporters. We extend a heartfelt thank you to all who have allowed us to impact the lives of students across the Denver metro area. We couldn’t have done this without you!
Learn about the latest happenings at Clothes To Kids of Denver in the April 2019 issue of The Clothes Line!
Clothes To Kids of Denver will give away 11,500 wardrobes in 2019. Read below to learn how you can join our fun, dynamic team!
Merchandising Coordinator | Position Description
The Merchandising Coordinator reports to the Program Director and works closely with fellow staff members and volunteers to receive and process donations efficiently while upholding quality standards and maintaining a diverse selection for students and families selecting clothing at CTKD.
- Coordinate the timely processing of all incoming clothing and footwear donations (sorting, tagging, hanging, folding, restocking, organizing, etc.).
- Uphold donation processing procedures related to sorting and tagging. Vet items headed to boutique area to ensure they meet quality standards.
- Plan and supervise projects for individual volunteers (adults and youth) and volunteer groups working in the backroom. Ensure volunteer hours are captured accurately in volunteer management software or paper logs.
- Track inventory and supply levels (i.e. underwear, socks, shoes, clothing, cleaning supplies, bath/break-room supplies, tagging supplies, etc.) and work with Program Director to build large inventory orders.
- Track location of items in off-site storage (item type, amount, location, time to bring to boutique).
- Coordinate the movement of items between off-site storage and CTKD.
- Receive and check deliveries at off-site storage location.
- Greet/acknowledge clothing donors, assist them with transporting items inside (as needed) and provide donation receipt. Maintain accurate log of incoming clothing donations and donors.
- Maintain system for “discards” and track outgoing items appropriately.
- Ensure that the backroom is clean, organized, and free from hazards. Maintain trash and recycling center.
- Interact with shoppers, visitors, and volunteers in a courteous and professional way.
- Provide a consistently high level of customer service to all clients and visitors.
- Assist fellow staff members in maintaining a clean, organized, well-stocked, and visually appealing boutique. Ensure merchandise is displayed neatly in the correct department.
- Serve alongside volunteers as a personal shopper/bagger for clients (as needed, only during busy periods).
- Commitment to the mission and values of CTKD.
- Pleasant, polite, and enthusiastic manner with volunteers.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Volunteer supervision experience. Experience supervising people with special needs.
- Must be able to work quickly in busy times and adapt to new or sudden changes.
This position is very physically demanding. This individual will spent the majority of their time standing or walking and is expected to bend, twist, reach, climb, kneel, and lift items up to 75 pounds. A vehicle and valid driver’s license are required.
20 hours per week, Monday-Friday (4 days – flexible). Hourly, non-exempt position.
Email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Katie Jadwin – firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.
Click HERE to download a PDF of the position description.
Please Join Us!
Thursday, April 11
11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
The Wellshire Event Center
3333 S. Colorado Blvd.
Denver, CO 80222
Public Relations Manager (Retired) * Neiman Marcus Denver
We’ve got an exciting, informative and inspirational program scheduled for our Reading, Writing and a Wardrobe event! It’s FREE to Attend, but be sure to save a seat for yourself and your guests by Monday, April 8th.