Families must meet the following criteria to shop at Clothes To Kids:
- The family must live in Denver County. Children in foster care through Denver Human Services who are in placement in a household outside of Denver County are also eligible.
- The children and youth must be school-age (Kindergarten – 12th grade) or working toward earning their General Equivalency Degree (GED). Although the store keeps some smaller sizes on hand, we do not serve children attending daycare, ECE or Headstart.
- The family must be considered in need of assistance:
- Receiving free or reduced lunch in Denver Public Schools.
- Receiving services from a social service agency, school or counseling center.
- In crisis due to natural disaster, poverty, homelessness or displacement.
Families must have a letter showing the children’s eligibility for free and reduced price lunch in DPS OR a referral from:
- A social worker or case manager employed at a local social service agency.
- A teacher, administrator, guidance counselor or social worker from a school.
- A leader from a family’s place of worship.
All referrals must be printed on official letterhead:
Please download our Referral Form and fill in all information then sign and date the form. If this isn’t possible, Please include the following in your letter of referral:
- Name of parent, address, telephone number and referral date.
- Children’s first and last names, dates of birth, and the school they attend.
- A statement that you know the family and that they are in need of assistance with clothing for their school-aged children.
Remember to refer families year-round:
Please download our Outreach Packet, a one page document that includes detailed instructions for referring a family and a referral form. Print this Bilingual Flyer, which can be copied double-sided and distributed to families in your community who might be interested in visiting Clothes To Kids.